New York Giants’ head coach Joe Judge addressed the media on Friday for the first time this training camp period. With COVID-19 making the football world a lot more tumultuous, navigating player safety and life training will be tough.
Judge gave some insight into how they will operate moving forward and some specific questions regarding DeAndre Baker and Aldrick Rosas. He also gave a great response on position battles and what he expects from every player.
The Giants are currently quarantining at hotels to avoid any premature outbreak of the virus. Judge ensured the media that he and the coaching staff are educating the players on the health protocols and how important it is to stay healthy for the season. He fully anticipates playing all 16 games and sacrificing a bit of freedom to play in the National Football League is worth it for the players.
However, he did address Nate Solder’s decision to take the season off to keep his family safe. He was entirely sympathetic and was in complete agreement with Nate’s decision to protect his family.
Here’s are some of New York Giants’ Joe Judge’s quotes and newsworthy info:
Joe Judge says there will be competition at every position, mentiones offensive lineman inside and out at center and tackle…
*cough, cough, Nick Gates*
— Alex Wilson (@AlexWilsonESM) July 31, 2020
- Judge on quarantine for a QB? – they are trying to keep all the players spaced out at camp…did not have any specific thoughts on the QBs.
- Joe Judge says Giants training camp this year will be very similar to how college football programs structure their camps without having preseason games to get ready for.
- Joe Judge on releasing K Aldrick Rosas: “We felt it was best for the team.”
- Joe Judge says that as of right now, no other Giants players have indicated they plan to opt out of the 2020 season.
- On the extra cap space the Giants get with Nate Solder opting out, Joe Judge said “We don’t feel like we have money burning a hole in our pocket.”
- Asked about DeAndre Baker, who is on the commissioner’s exempt list, Joe Judge will “let the league deal with that issue”.
- Joe Judge on the NFL in the COVID era: “We have to stay healthy. The healthiest team has an advantage.”