New York Yankees‘ slugger Aaron Judge may not have had the most successful season health-wise. He almost missed the start of the season with a rib/lung issue that he battled for months, and he has missed two large chunks of the year while recovering from a grade 1 calf strain that he latter aggravated.
However, the fact that he hasn’t been able to stay on the field didn’t prevent him from seeing his name in the list of most popular jerseys in the Major League Baseball universe.
The New York Yankees, of course, are no strangers to famous players who are stars in the field and also very popular outside of it. Judge, in particular, isn’t very talkative, but he is committed to the community, and his legendary power and cannon of an arm in right field do the talking.
The Yankees’ outfielder was only bested by Betts
The Yankees’ outfielder had the second most popular jersey in the league behind Los Angeles Dodgers’ star Mookie Betts, who moved to LA after several successful seasons with the Boston Red Sox.
The list was released jointly on Friday by MLB and Major League Baseball Players, Inc., and was based on sales of jerseys from MLBShop.com, which is the official online shop of Major League Baseball, since Opening Day.
Fellow Yankee Giancarlo Stanton checked in at number 16 in the ranking, while stellar free agent signing Gerrit Cole was in the 19th position.
Most Popular MLB Player Jerseys of 2020
1) Mookie Betts, Los Angeles Dodgers
2) Aaron Judge, New York Yankees
3) Bryce Harper, Philadelphia Phillies
4) Fernando Tatis Jr., San Diego Padres
5) Juan Soto, Washington Nationals
6) Cody Bellinger, Los Angeles Dodgers
7) Max Scherzer, Washington Nationals
8) Javier Báez, Chicago Cubs
9) Clayton Kershaw, Los Angeles Dodgers
10) Ronald Acuña Jr., Atlanta Braves
11) Christian Yelich, Milwaukee Brewers
12) Manny Machado, San Diego Padres
13) Anthony Rizzo, Chicago Cubs
14) Mike Trout, Los Angeles Angels
15) Kris Bryant, Chicago Cubs
16) Giancarlo Stanton, New York Yankees
17) Yadier Molina, St. Louis Cardinals
18) Jose Altuve, Houston Astros
19) Gerrit Cole, New York Yankees
20) Freddie Freeman, Atlanta Braves