Although many of us may be facing hardships during these unprecedented times, NFL players are helping ease the difficulties some are dealing with.
Here are just some of the wonderful things NFL players are doing:
- Chicago Bears Allen Robinson knows that many students rely on schools to provide sustenance and with schools closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Robinson is making sure that these kids and their families do not go hungry. His foundation The Within Reach Foundation has started a fundraiser to ensure kids are given meals through the Chicago Food Depository. Robinson is even matching all donations up to $12,000 in honor of his jersey number. To donate go to https://givebox.com/12for12
- Miami Dolphins Allen Hurns is trying to brighten the days of the class of 2020 through his foundation 88 Blessings. Hurns saw fit to send care packages to 17 students part of his S.O.A.R. campaign which helps those affected by the COVID-19 pandemic with help from sponsors Eternal Water, Quest Nutrition, the Miami Dolphins, Become Athletics, Pajcic, and Pajcic law firm, UBS and The Boyce Foundation. Hurns also plans to hold a Senior’s Night Out event to celebrate the graduates when the pandemic is over. Be sure to visit http://88blessings.org/soar/ to learn more and find out how YOU can help.
- Denver Broncos Von Miller has set up a campaign to help eradicate hunger due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Fans can bid on awesome prize packages, with proceeds going to hunger relief efforts to provide meals for those in need with a goal of 580,000 meals provided. Get your bids in and help a great cause at https://vonsackscovid.org/
- Carolina Panthers Seth DeValve is holding a free virtual seminar on June 11th, to aid student-athletes in the college recruiting process. DeValve will cover topics ranging from scholarships, how to properly conduct oneself both on and off the field, academics and so much more. To register, go to https://sethdevalvefoundation.com/current-events/seminars
- Baltimore Ravens Calais Campbell provided 100 laptops for less-fortunate students. These laptops ensure that students get the proper education they need and deserve.
- Former New York Giant Victor Cruz teamed up with Altice and ACER to provide 100 laptops to students in his hometown of Paterson, New Jersey area to ease their distance learning troubles. Cruz never forgets where he came from and always gives back in any way he can.
Of course, these are just some of the amazing things NFL players are doing to help spread positivity and joy to those in need during these hard times. It is truly great to see that some good can come from such a negative event!