We are finally here! The NFL draft is upon us, so it is only right I submit yet another mock draft that will be completely way off base. Hopefully this will be one of the most accurate mocks you will have seen over the past couple months.
- Cleveland Browns: Baker Mayfield-QB- Oklahoma
The Browns get their quarterback of the future with the number one overall pick. Yes, I believe Mayfield will be the Browns choice as they decide not to go with Darnold or Allen.
- New York Giants: Saquan Barkley-RB, Penn State
There will be a lot of Giant fans upset that they did not draft a quarterback but a couple of 50+ yard touchdowns early in the season will surely quiet the critics.
[sc name=”NYG Articles Thumbnail”]
- New York Jets: Josh Rosen-QB, UCLA
Rosen’s personality, New York City, the Jets. Yes what can go wrong. Hopefully for Jet fans they get their QB of the future and end the turnstile at that position.
- Cleveland Browns: Bradley Chubb-DE, NC State
The Browns will bookend Myles Garrett with Bradley Chubb. The Browns are going to be a dangerous team moving forward.
- Denver Broncos: Sam Darnold-QB, USC
The Broncos get what many believe to be the best QB in the draft. He may sit a year behind Keenum but if Denver struggles or he outshines Keenum in preseason we may see Darnold sooner rather than later.
- Indianapolis Colts: Quentin Nelson-G-Notre Dame
Keeping Andrew Luck upright and healthy should be priority number one. Nelson will be an impact starter day 1.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Derwin James-S, Florida State
Last year everyone expected big things from the Bucs. Maybe we were all a year early. Adding to the defense with James may help put people back on the bandwagon. If Winston is better than this team can be dangerous.
- Chicago Bears: Roquan Smith-LB, Georgia
The Bears defense took great strides last year. Adding Smith to this defense will help take some pressure off of Trubisky.
- San Francisco 49ers:Denzel Ward-CB-Ohio State
The 49ers get the best CB in the draft. Wide Receiver and linebacker were also possibilities here but passing on Ward would be a mistake. He will be able to learn from one of the games best CB’s.
- Oakland Raiders: Minkah Fitzpatrick -DB, Alabama
Gruden will love the versatility that Minkah will bring to the defense. Adding another impact player to the defensive side of the ball is a must.
- Miami Dolphins: Tremaine Edmunds- LB, Virginia Tech
Miami gets possibly the best athlete in the draft with Edmunds. He may need some work but he can become a big playmaker in the league.
- Buffalo Bills: Josh Allen-QB, Wyoming
The Bills get their QB and they do not even have to trade up. Josh Allen drops into their lap. He will not beat out Mccarron year one but this could be a steal a couple of years from now.
- Washington Redskins: Vita Vea-DT, Washington
The Redskins get the best run stuffer in the draft which will try and help against the likes of Elliott and Barkley. Great pick up for them.
- Green Bay Packers: Marcus davenport-DE, Texas-San Antonio
The Packers will need to add to the pass rush in this draft and sitting at 14 there is no better option than Marcus Davenport.
- Arizona Cardinals: Lamar Jackson-QB, Louisville
The Cardinals signed Sam Bradford in the off-season but he is not the future for the Cardinals. Jackson can learn for a year before getting the starting job in Arizona.
- Baltimore Ravens: Frank Ragnow-C, Arkansas
The Ravens lost their starting Center in free agency so they draft a better replacement. He will come in and be the starter day 1.
- San Diego Chargers:Da’Ron Payne-DT, Alabama
A monster of a human being is just what the Chargers needed to add to their line. This addition will fly under a lot of peoples radar but he will be a steal for the Chargers here.
- Seattle Seahawks:Harold Landry-DE, Boston College
The Seahawks traded away Michael bennett this off-season and although they have other holes to fill, they add a pass rusher.
- Dallas Cowboys: Calvin Ridley-WR, Alabama
The Cowboys released Dez Bryant so you have to figure they are targeting a wide receiver to replace him. They get potentially the best WR in the draft.
- Detroit Lions: Derrius Guice-RB, LSU
One thing Matthew Stafford has never had with Detroit is a consistent running game. They added Blount in the off-season but he is not the long term answer. Guice will be.
- Cincinnati Bengals: Taven Bryan-DL, Florida
The Bengals can go offensive line her because they do need help in that area, instead the decide to go defensive line with Payne.
- Buffalo Bills: Courtland Sutton-WR, SMU
The Bills are going to pair Josh Allen with, in my opinion, the best wide receiver in the draft. Hopefully these two can build a strong rapport early on.
23.New England Patriots: Mike Mcglinchey-OT, Notre Dame
The Patriots lost Nate Solder in free agency and replace him with Mcglinchey from Notre Dame. Can potentially turn out to be a steal this late in the first round.
- Carolina Panthers:Josh Jackson-CB, Iowa
Ever since Josh Norman left the Panthers their cornerback play has been one of the worst in the league. They will hope this pick addresses that need.
- Tennessee Titans: Leighton Vander Esch-LB, Boise St.
The Titans will look to replace veteran linebacker Avery Williamson. It will be difficult to match his production but Vander Esch may be good enough to do so and better.
- Atlanta Falcons: Will Hernandez-G, Texas-El Paso
Sitting at 26 in the draft the Falcons go with the best player left on the board. Hernandez is a mauler and will compete to start right away.
- New Orleans Saints: Hayden Hurst-TE, South Carolina
Coby Fleener has not turned into the player most expected him to when he went to New Orleans. They will look to add another great tight end with Drew Brees to hopefully get them over the hump.
- Pittsburgh Steelers:Justin Reid-S, Stanford
No he is not Troy polamalu but he is an upgrade over what the steelers currently have. If this defense can catch up to this offense than watch out.
- Jacksonville Jaguars: Rashaan Evans-LB, Alabama
The Jaguars had the best defense in the NFL last year so what do they do? Add to it. Evans will be a great fit and should be able to earn playing time right away.
- Minnesota Vikings: Isaiah Wynn-OL, Georgia
Love this pick for the Vikings. If Cook can come back to 100% than the sky’s the limit for this team.
31.New England Patriots: Carlton Davis-CB, Auburn
If only a CB was able to make a play in the Super Bowl last year for the Patriots we may be looking at a different Super Bowl Champion. Adding Davis should boost their secondary.
- Philadelphia Eagles: Ronald Jones-RB, USC
In somewhat of a surprising move the Eagles add RB Ronald Jones. He is a talented runner and can be utilized in the passing game as well. He will fit right into their rotation.